Square Meter Media Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Square Meter Media”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Joanne Clare Berrington of Square Meter Media Limited, Registered Office, St Mary's House, Netherhampton, Salisbury SP2 8PU
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.squaremetermedia.co.uk (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, downloading our e-books, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, times and dates, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, where available, your IP address, language preference, referring site, operating system, browser type and the date and time of each visit for the purposes of system administration, to better understand how visitors use our Website and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our visitors' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. The Garden Room Guide may display this information publicly or provide it to others including our advertisers.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To e-mail you with new features, solicit your feedback and keep you up to date with Square Meter Media and our Website, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or e-mail. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women in the South West have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in the South West). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the event that Square Meter Media sells all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Issue: December 2013